"You have a fine staff...your photographic skills have put me in the best light...many of my responses comment on the picture, saying that I look great! Thanks!"
- Doyle R.
"I could not believe how many more responses I got with a good profile photo! This made all of the difference."
- John H.
"Thank you so so much for the photos...Boy, if I can't get a date now I think I should consider women!!"
- Denise L.
"I received the pictures today and I am impressed. I wanted to thank you for doing such a great job. I will definitely recommend you to anyone that is looking to get professional photos done."
"You made me look great. Let's see if I get a date or two!"
- Tom B.
"I was really nervous going into the photo shoot but you made me feel so comfortable. I LOVE my new pictures and I'm super excited to post them on my dating site!"
- Kristen P.
"Frank Monkiewicz' studio was clean and *super* bright. His equipment was top notch. He's had some seriously major superstars in his studio. Major magazine cover-style shots. He's old school, polite and runs a quality studio. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to friends!"
- Dave E.
"Working with Dino was a great experience. He made me feel relaxed and captured a lot of great different looks for me. I absolutely LOVE my photos. Within 6 weeks on a dating website with my new photos I have met a wonderful guy and things are going great!"
- Laurel C.
"[The DatingHeadshot photos] worked immediately, and I'm so glad that I used your services. I went from virtually no interest in my profile, to not being able to keep up with how many wonderful guys were responding to me. Within a couple weeks of having posted my new photos, I'd met the most amazing man I've ever met, and we are dating seriously now." - Barb.
- How many photos do I get?
- Is it just "headshots"… or can they take some variety of photos and full body shots?
- What if I don’t live near a studio but still want great Profile Photos?
- How do I find out if you have a studio in my area?
- Can I contact the Photographer prior to the photo shoot?
- Why is the address not listed on the individual studio pages?
- What should I wear to my photo shoot?
- What Kind of information do I get when I sign up?
- Do I get wardrobe changes / How many changes of clothing can I bring?
- How should I wear my hair and make-up for my dating headshot photo shoot?
- How do I get all the photos from my photo shoot?
- Do you offer retouching/What is "basic retouching"?
- How does the money back guarantee work?
- How do I review the images after I have downloaded them to my hard drive?
- I printed out the profile pictures that you sent me after my shoot, but the quality was very poor. Why?
- How do I send my images to my online dating service?
- What are "favorite photos" or "final photos"?
- What is the best way to choose my favorite photos?
- What is my "proofing site"?
- When will I be able to access my "proofing site"?
- What if I need to reschedule or cancel my photo shoot?
- What is the difference between a regular shoot and a requested shoot?
- What happens if I am late to an appointment?
- How long is the photo shoot?
- Are you going to make me look fake or posed?
- What kind of photographers do you use?
- Do you check out your photographers?
- Do the photography studios supply my clothing for the photo shoot?
- How long is my photo shoot?
- Does DatingHeadshots provide hair and make-up services?
- What is “Photo Retouching”?
- Can I add “Photo Retouching” after the shoot?
- How many photo are retouched when I buy “Photo Retouching”?
- I received the link to my online proofing site, but many of the photos look the same?
- Where is the email with the link to my online proofing site, shouldn’t I have receive it within 48 hours?
- Can you tell me if a particular photographer is available on a specific date and time?
- Why can’t I book a photo shoot for tomorrow?
1. How many photos do I get?
We currently have two photo packages, the Silver and the Gold. The silver photo package offers you a variety of 50 color photos from your shoot. All 50 photos from the shoot are yours to keep.
The Gold package will provide you with a variety of 100 photos for $25 dollars more. In addition, if you purchase the Gold package we will also give you a full set of Black and White and Sepia versions of each of your photos. All of the photos included in the Gold Package are yours to download and keep.
2. Is it just "headshots" … or can they take some variety of photos and full body shots?
No, it is not just a series of "headshots"! We will provide you with a complete dating profile portfolio so that you can change the look of your profile many times. In your portfolio, your photographer will work with you to create the best most natural "look". We usually recommend a variety of shots from ¾ body. ½ body to close-ups to give you the variety you need to stand out form the crowd and make the best "first impression" possible.
3. What if I don’t live near a studio but still want great Profile Photos?
We offer additional retouching services for a very low price. If you do not live close enough to a studio to get a Professional photo shoot you can take advantage of our dating profile photo retouching services. We will take your current dating photo and do our best to improve it and make you stand out from the crowd.
4. How do I find out if you have a studio in my area?
Anytime that you see one of our zip code locator boxes or an input box that asks you to "Input your zip code" we will show you all of the studios in your area. Then all you need to do is choose the one that suits you best and book your shoot.
5. Can I contact the Photographer prior to the photo shoot?
Our Photographers are all professional written twice who specialize in the best photographic work. At the conclusion of the checkout process you will be provided with full and complete contact information for your photographer as well as a receipt for your photo shoot and even maps to the studio. In the meantime, if you have any questions about your shoot you can always contact DatingHeadshots…we can answer any questions you might have.
6. Why is the address not listed on the individual studio pages?
At the conclusion of the checkout process you will be provided with full and complete contact information for your photographer as well as a receipt for your photo shoot and even maps to the studio.
7. What should I wear to my photo shoot?
The most important thing to remember is that you should be comfortable for your shoot. Wear what you feel the most comfortable in to take your online dating pictures. We often suggest that you wear something that you would wear on a first date. We recommend shooting from the waist up, because of the small size of the online dating service photos. Therefore, it is best to concentrate on your shirt or blouse. We suggest that your wear darker colored clothing, as it looks best on websites. Please bring only one clothing choice, as you will not have time to change during your shoot. However, you can add and remove clothing, such as a sweater, blazer or tie to change your look..
Secondly, the photo shoot is only 30-40 minutes, so please only bring a few simple changes of clothes, like a change of shirts/blouses, coats and tie. There will not be enough time for a full wardrobe change.
8. What Kind of information do I get when I sign up?
At the conclusion of the checkout process, we will immediately send you a receipt acknowledging your photo shoot, full contact information for the photographer, the complete address and map to the studio as well as any special instructions that the photographer might have for you. Please remember that the photographer will be alerted as soon as your shoot is booked. In the event that you chose to request a specific date and time for your shoot it is important to get in touch with the photographer either directly or though our message board and then confirm the shoot.
9. Do I get wardrobe changes/How many changes of clothing can I bring?
While we will provide a full dating portfolio, in a lot of cases it is best to focus on shots from the waist up. The amount of space that the online dating companies give you to showcase your portfolio is not very large. People want to see your face primarily, that is why we tend to concentrate on shots mainly from waist up and shoulders up.
Secondly, the photo shoot is only 30-40 minutes, so please only bring a few simple changes of clothes, like a change of shirts/blouses, coats and tie. There will not be enough time for a full wardrobe change.
10. How should I wear my hair and make-up for my dating headshot photo shoot?
As with your wardrobe choice do your make-up as you would on a first date.
11. How do I get all the photos from my photo shoot?
You have two options available to get all of your online dating pictures from the shoot. The first option is free; the second option requires an additional charge. For the computer savvy users, the fastest method is to choose the images that you wish from your on-line proof pages and then, click on the thumbnail to see the larger image. You can then save the larger image directly to your hard drive.
Another alternative is a CD with all of your images, including any final images that you have had retouched. We will burn a custom CD with all of your online dating pictures, including your final images and mail it to you. There is a charge of $20 for the CD.
12. Do you offer Retouching / What is "basic retouching"?
Once you receive access to your online proofing portfolio you can select any images or all of the images and download them immediately to your hard drive. In addition, you can select your favorite images and have them retouched. We offer two levels of retouching a Basic and a moderate. None of the retouching for your photos will alter your true appearance.
Basic retouching includes fixing minor skin blemishes, highlights, stray hair, color adjustments etc. Moderate retouching will focus on all of the issues as the basic retouching but will include a review and adjustment of any features that we deem are over emphasized by the photographers lighting. This would include overall lighting and shadowing effect. We will not provide significant retouching to any image that might alter your true appearance. The goal of our " retouching" is to make you look your best without making you look like someone else.
13. How does the money back guarantee work?
We want you to be happy with your online dating pictures. That's why we offer a money back guarantee. If the quality of the final images is not to your liking we will gladly refund the price of your shoot. This refund applies to the quality of the photographs and not to the responses that you may or may not get from your new dating photos.
14. How do I review the images after I have downloaded them to my hard drive?
Once you have reviewed all of the images from your proofing site and downloaded them to your hard drive (you can save the attached files to your hard drive by right clicking the attachments and then choosing "save to disk"), you might want to review them and decide which ones to upload to your online dating sites.
To view these files you can use standard image viewer software like Quicktime, Windows Media Player or third arty software like Vueprint or ACDSee to view your files if you are familiar with this software. Additionally, You can then open the files using your web browser by opening your browser:
- For Netscape, FireFox, Safari and Crome: File, Open page, Choose file and then browse to your photos to view them.
- For Explorer: File, Open and browse to your photos.
Please be aware that these are general guidelines to view your on-line digital photos. If you experience difficulties opening your photos please contact your computer manufacturer's technical support.
15. I printed out the profile pictures that you sent me after my shoot, but the quality was very poor. Why?
Please remember that these photos are designed for online use only and are not intended in any way to provide the resolution necessary for photo printing. If you would be interested in a professional print from one or more of your photos please contact us to discuss our photo printing services.
16. How do I send my images to my online dating service?
Each of the online dating services has their own procedure for uploading online dating pictures to your profile on their site. Please be aware that there is a review process to make sure that the images you wish to upload meet the moral qualifications for the site.
DatingHeadshots is only responsible for helping you to download your images or to get a Photo CD (an extra charge is included if you choose to have a Photo CD). You must contact your on-line dating services' technical support if you are having difficulty uploading your image.
17. What are "Favorite photos" or Final Photos?
When you are reviewing your proofing portfolio you will inevitable have some photos that you prefer over others, we call these your "favorite or Final" photos. These are the photos that you choose using the on-line order form if you want additional processing on your images such as retouching. You can choose as many photos from your proofing site as you like for additional processing. The final photos are the ones that you upload to your profile on your online dating service.
18. What’s the best way to choose my favorite photos?
In our experience, the best way to choose your favorite photos is to review the photos and note the ones that "stand out" to you right away. Your first reaction will probably be the best.
19. What is my "proofing site"?
After your photo shoot we will create a personal, secure website with all of your photos. Your photos will be presented as thumbnails for you to review. Click on a thumbnail image to see a much larger version of the photo. These images have not been modified or retouched in any way. You can immediately download these larger images by following the instructions on the page.
Each of the pages with the larger images, called the "Slide Page" will have an additional order form to the right of the main image. Here you can choose from additional services like retouching, Photo CDs, expert advice, profile writing services and background checks (for added security).
Everyone always asks," What’s the best way to choose my favorite photos?" In our experience, the best way to choose your favorite photos is to review the photos and note the ones that "stand out" to you right away. Your first reaction will probably be the best.
20. When will I be able to access my "proofing site"?
Your personal proofing site will be available within 24 hours after your photo shoot. You will be notified via email with a link to your secure site. You can access your proofing site by clicking on the link in the email or by coping the link from the email and pasting it into your browser.
21. What if I need to reschedule or cancel my photo shoot?
All sales are final. Please realize that when you book a shoot you are buying the photographers time, which he cannot offer to any other clients. The best way to think of it is that this is like buying a ticket to the movies or the theater. You are basically buying a "seat" at a specific date and time. If you cannot make it then the seat will go empty but the photographer has no ability to resell your seat.
We do not allow any rescheduling or cancellations of photo shoots. If you need to cancel your photo shoot, you will be charged the full price for your missed session and you will have to reschedule and pay full price for another photo shoot.
22. What is the difference between a regular shoot and a requested shoot?
When you are going through the sign up process, you will notice that there are two types of photo shoots available. If a photographer has loaded time into their schedule then first you will be presented with all of their available time to shoot. You can simply select from the available shoots and then complete the process. If the photographer does not have any time in the schedule OR you have a particular date and time you are interested in shooting then you have the ability to "Request" a shoot. If you request a shoot then at the conclusion to the check out process you will have all of the contact information for the photographer and he/she will have your contact info too. It is up to the photographer and the client to communicate and confirm a mutually convenient time for the photo shoot.
23. What happens if I am late to an appointment?
We give you a 15-minute leeway; therefore anytime up to 15 minutes you can still sit for your scheduled photo shoot with no penalties. After 15 minutes you forfeit your scheduled time and the full price of your photo shoot. You will have to reschedule and pay full price for another photo shoot.
24. How long is the photo shoot?
Photo shoots are scheduled for approximately 30 minutes from start to finish. We ask that you come 10 minutes prior to your scheduled shoot time to sign the payment confirmation form and to do any preparations prior to your photo shoot.
25. Are you going to make me look fake or posed?
Our goal is to never make you look fake or overly posed! Our photographers shoot outside or in casual locations of the studio to prevent this. We use the best photographers and best equipment to make you look your very best, giving you every opportunity to make a great first impression. Think about it, celebrities use professional photographers because they know that professional photographers are going to capture the best images of them. Why not do the same for you?
26. What kind of photographers do you use?
Dh works hard to only use the very best professional photographers that we can find in your area. Our goal is to use professional photographers with access to full commercial studios. Photographers with years of experience shooting portraits, fashion, actors headshots, weddings and editorial shoots. These photographers have what it takes to understand what a great online dating profile photo should look like and have the skill to pull it off. On occasion, and depending on the area in which you live, commercial studios may be attached to the photographer’s home.
27. Do you check out your photographers?
Each photographer that applies to the DatingHeadshots Photographer network is screened and their work is reviewed, including their studio. Each of the photographers in our network are under direct contract with DatingHeadshots Inc. and know exactly what we expect of them.
28. Do the photography studios supply my clothing for the photo shoot?
No, you will need to provide your own clothing for the photo shoot. Also, the photo shoot is only 30-40 minutes, so please only bring a few simple changes of clothes, like a change of shirts/blouses, coats and tie. There will not be enough time for a full wardrobe change.
29. How long is my photo shoot?
The photo shoot is only 30-40 minutes.
30. Does DatingHeadshots provide hair and make-up services?
No, hair and make-up services are not provided. As with your wardrobe choice do your make-up as you would on a first date.
31. What is “Photo Retouching”?
Photo retouching is done to enhance and/or correct an image, such as to remove a blemish or stray hair, to adjust or remove unwanted elements, to correct color and adjustment to lighting.
32. Can I add “Photo Retouching” after the shoot?
Yes, it can be added directly from your online proofing site.
33. How many photo are retouched when I buy “Photo Retouching”?
6 photos can be retouched.
34. I received the link to my online proofing site, but many of the photos look the same?
First, if you ordered the optional “Black & White Photos” or “Sepia Photos”, or you ordered a photo package that includes these features, each photo will be done in color, Black & White and Sepia Tone. This will give you 3 of the same photos with slight variations in color.
Second, it is the nature of professional photography, that in any set of 50 photos a client might expect to get 5 to 15 unique looks/ poses. This is due to the fact that when the photographer sees a particular pose or expression that he/she likes, they will take a few pictures in rapid succession in order to make sure that the look is captured.
35. Where is the email with the link to my online proofing site, shouldn’t I have receive it within 48 hours?
In some cases the email from DatingHeadshots can go straight into “Spam” or “Junk” email folder by your email provider. Please check that the email has not gone into one of those folders. If you do not find the email in the “Spam” or “Junk” folder, please contact DatingHeadshots Support at 866-532-2159 or email email@example.com.
36. Can you tell me if a particular photographer is available on a specific date and time?
Photographers have variable schedules, therefore they have asked DatingHeadshots to allow clients to request a specific date and time for each shoot.
37. Why can’t I book a photo shoot for tomorrow?
In order to give the photographers sufficient time to prepare for a photo shoot, DatingHeadshots gives the photographers a 24-hour buffer.
Featured on CNN
"specializes in taking pictures that look good on internet [dating] sites"
Featured on MSNBC's The Ethical Edge: Online Dating
"Your dating profile photo is the #1 most important factor in making online dating work for you"
Featured on WTTG Channel